Club Richelieu Lewiston-Auburn Collection - Finding Aid
The Lewiston-Auburn Club Richelieu, part of the wider Richelieu International network of charitable organizations, was founded in 1958 and ran through 2010. The materials were donated to the Collection on the club’s disbandment (as a result of declining membership). The club counted among its membership a large number of prominent local Franco-Americans and had links to Francophone countries and organizations worldwide.
Three scrapbook volumes containing photographs and newspaper clippings. These are augmented by similar materials filed loosely. In addition, the collection includes membership information for the club and copies of club publications (brochures, song sheets). Artifacts from the club include plaques and awards; ceremonial items for meetings including a meeting bell and gavel, and a large banner used in parades. Some publications © Richelieu International.
Material is organized by subject, and chronologically within each subject (where dates are known). Archival material is stored in box 1; artifacts and outsized manuscript material is stored in box 2. Scrapbooks and large objects are stored separately.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Club Richelieu Lewiston-Auburn Collection, Franco-American Collection, University of Southern Maine Libraries.